Several Initiatives Taken By The Government To Overcome The Challenges
- Government would strive to provide toilets and drinking water in all the girls school in first phase. An amount of Rs. 28635 crore is being funded for Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan(SSA) and Rs. 4966 crore for Rashtriya madhyamic Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA).
- A School Assessment Programme is being initiated at a cost of Rs. 30 crore.
- Rs. 500 crore provided for “Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya New Teachers Training Programme” to infuse new training tools and motivate teachers.
- Rs. 100 crore provided for setting up virtual classrooms as Communication Linked Interface for Cultivating Knowledge (CLICK) and online courses.
- Jai Prakash Narayan National Centre for Excellence in Humanities to be set up in MP.
- Rs. 500 crore provided for setting up 5 more IITs in the Jammu, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.
- 5 IIMs in the States of HP, Punjab, Bihar, Odisha and Rajasthan.
- Simplification of norms to facilitate education loans for higher studies.
- Pan India programme “Digital India” to with an outlay of Rs. 500 crore to be launched.
- Programme for promoting “Good Governance” to be launched .A sum of Rs. 100 crore provided.
Information and Broadcasting
- Rs. 100 crore allocated for 600 new and existing Community Radio Stations.
- Film & Television Institute, Pune and Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, Kolkata are proposed to be accorded status of Institutes of national importance and a “National Centre for Excellence in Animation, Gaming and Special Effects to be set up.
- Rs. 100 crore is provided for Kisan TV, to disseminate real time information to the farmers on issues such as new farming techniques, water conservation, organic farming etc.
- Vision of the Government is that 500 urban habitations to be provided support for renewal of infrastructure and services in next 10 years through PPPs
- Present corpus of Pooled Municipal Debt Obligation Facility facility to be enlarged to Rs. 50,000 Crore from Rs. 5000 crore.
- Rs. 100 crore provided for Metro Projects in Lucknow and Ahemdabad.
- Extended additional tax incentive on home loans shall be provided to encourage people, especially the young, to own houses.
- Mission on Low Cost Affordable Housing anchored in the National Housing Bank to be set up.
- A sum of Rs.4000 crores for NHB from the priority sector lending shortfall with a view to increase the flow of cheaper credit for affordable housing to urban poor/EWS/LIG segment is provided.
- Slum development to be included in the list of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities to encourage the private sector to contribute more.
- A programme for the up gradation of skills and training in ancestral arts for development for the minorities “Up gradation of Traditional Skills in Arts, Resources and Goods” to be launched.
- An additional amount of Rs. 100 crores for Modernization of Madarsas.