Several Initiatives Taken By The Government To Overcome The Challenges
INDUSTRIAL AND INFRASTRUCTURAL
- Central Government Departments and Ministries to integrate their services with the e-Biz -a single window IT platform- for services on priority by 31 December this year.
- Rs. 100 crore provided for setting up a National Industrial Corridor Authority.
- Amritsar Kolkata Industrial master planning to be completed expeditiously.
- Master planning of 3 new smart cities in the Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor region, viz., Ponneri in Tamil Nadu, Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and Tumkur in Karnataka to be completed.
- Perspective plan for the Bengaluru Mumbai Economic corridor (BMEC) and Vizag-Chennai corridor to be completed with the provision for 20 new industrial clusters.
- Development of industrial corridors with emphasis on Smart Cities linked to transport connectivity to spur growth in manufacturing and urbanization will be accelerated.
- Proposed to establish an Export promotion Mission to bring all stakeholders under one umbrella.
- Apprenticeship Act to be suitably amended to make it more responsive to industry and youth.
Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Sector
- Skill India to be launched to skill the youth with an emphasis on employability and entrepreneur skills.
- Committee to examine the financial architecture for MSME Sector, remove bottlenecks and create new rules and structures to be set up and give concrete suggestions in three months.
- Fund of Funds with a corpus of Rs. 10,000 crore for providing equity through venture capital funds, quasi equity, soft loans and other risk capital specially to encourage new startups by youth to be set up.
- Corpus of Rs. 200 crore to be set up to establish Technology Centre Network .
- Definition of MSME to be reviewed to provide for a higher capital ceiling.
- Programme to facilitate forward and backward linkages with multiple value chain of manufacturing and service delivery to be put in place.
- Entrepreneur friendly legal bankruptcy framework will be developed for SMEs to enable easy exit.
- A nationwide “District level Incubation and Accelerator Programme” to be taken up for incubation of new ideas and necessary support for accelerating entrepreneurship.
- Rs. 50 crore is provided to set up a Trade Facilitation Centre and a Crafts Museum to develop and promote handloom products and carry forward the rich tradition of handlooms of Varanasi.
- Sum of Rs. 500 crore for developing a Textile mega-cluster at Varanasi and six more at Bareilly, Lucknow, Surat, Kutch, Bhagalpur and Mysore.
- Rs. 20 crore to set up a Hastkala Academy for the preservation, revival, and documentation of the handloom/handicraft sector in PPP mode in Delhi.
- Rs. 50 crore is provided to start a Pashmina Promotion Programme (P-3) and development of other crafts of Jammu & Kashmir.
- An institution to provide support to mainstreaming PPPPs called 4PIndia to be set up with a corpus of Rs. 500 crores.
- Rs. 11635 crore will be allocated for the development of Outer Harbour Project in Tuticorin for phase I.
- SEZs will be developed in Kandla and JNPT.
- Comprehensive policy to be announced to promote Indian ship building industry.
- Project on Ganges called “ Jal Marg Vikas’ to be developed between Allahabad and Haldia.
- Scheme for development of new airports in Tier I and Tier II Cities to be launched.
- Sector needs huge amount of investment along with debottlenecking from maze of clearances.
- An investment of an amount of Rs. 37,880 crores in NHAI and State Roads is proposed which includes Rs. 3000 crores for the North East.
- Target of NH construction of 8500 km will be achieved in current financial year.
- Work on select expressways in parallel to the development of the Industrial Corridors will be initiated. For project preparation NHAI shall set aside a sum of Rs. 500 crore.
- Rs. 100 crore is allocated for a new scheme “Ultra-Modern Super Critical Coal Based Thermal Power Technology.”
- Comprehensive measures for enhancing domestic coal production are being put in place.
- Adequate quantity of coal will be provided to power plants which are already commissioned or would be commissioned by March 2015.
- An exercise to rationalize coal linkages to optimize transport of coal and reduce cost of power is underway.
New & Renewable Energy
- Rs. 500 crores provided for Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Laddakh.
- Rs. 400 crores provided for a scheme for solar power driven agricultural pump sets and water pumping stations.
- Rs. 100 crore provided for the development of 1 MW Solar Parks on the banks of canals.
- A Green Energy Corridor Project is being implemented to facilitate evacuation of renewable energy across the country.
Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production and exploitation of Coal Bed Methane reserves will be accelerated.
- Possibility of using modern technology to revive old or closed wells to be explored.
- Usage of PNG to be rapidly scaled up in a Mission mode.
- Proposal to develop pipelines using appropriate PPP models.
- Changes, if necessary, in the MMDR Act, 1957 to be introduced to encourage investment in mining sector and promote sustainable mining practices.