Suresh Prabhu today announced the Railway Budget 2015-16. In his Budget announcement, Prabhu thanked PM Modi and said the Indian railways will play major role in development of country.
Below are the highlights of the Railway Budget 2015-16:
– No increase in passenger fares.
– To deliver a sustained and measurable customer experience.
– Make railways a safer means of transport.
– To expand and modernise Indian Railways.
– To increase track capacity by 14 percent to 138,000 km.
– Prabhu proposed an operating ratio of 88.5 percent for FY16 versus 91.8 percent FY15.
– Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu also announced the move towards paperless ticketing.
– WiFi services in all category of A & B stations.
– Passengers will now be able to book food options from IRCTC website.
– The Railway Minister proposed to increase the number of advanced booking days to 120 days.
– The Minister also welcomed bids from interested parties for revamping stations.
– Prabhu said the Indian Railways will spend Rs 96,182 crore on capacity expansion in FY16.
– Prabhu said the railways is committed to providing rail connectivity to north-east.