- 1:02 pm: We’ll increase the advertising revenue by more than four times this year.
- 1:03 pm: 33% sub-quota for women under all reserved categories.
- 1:04 pm: Drones to be used for remote monitoring physical monitoring of ongoing projects.
- 1.04 pm: Ajmer, Amritsar, Gaya, Mathura, Nanded, Nashik, Puri, Tirupati, Varanasi, Nagapattinam and other pilgrim stations to be beautified
- 1:07 pm: I’m setting aside Rs. 50 crore for providing innovation grants to start-ups.
- 1:09 pm: Two dedicated freight corridors by 2019.
- 1:10 pm: The companies owned by Railways to come under a holding company.
- 1:13 pm: Suresh Prabhu concludes his rail budget speech.
- 12:51 pm: We’re skilling of front-end staff employed through service providers.
- 12:52 pm: Children’s menu, baby foods, baby boards to be made available for travelling mothers.
- 12:52 pm: Coolies will be called ‘Sahayaks‘.
- 12:53 pm: We have also revamped our internal audit system with view to bringing in efficiency in working practices.
12:54 pm: We’ll install GPS-based digital display in coaches for showing upcoming stations.
12:54 pm: We intend taking up on priority passenger amenities and beautification of stations.
- 12.56 pm: Cold storage to be set up in vacant lands near warehousing facilities
- 12:56 pm: We intend to publish Rail Bandhu magazine in all regional languages.
- 12:57 pm: I propose to invite FM radio stations to provide train borne entertainment via PA systems:
12:58 pm: Ring Railway to be redeveloped in partnership with the Delhi government.
- 12:59 pm: We will work with Karnataka State Government for suburban rails.
- Baby milk and hot water to be provided in trains
- Insurance companies being asked to provide optional travel insurance to passengers prior to travel
- Railway stalls to over-the-counter medicine
- Local cuisine of choice to be made available to the passengers
- IRCTC will begin to manage catering service in phased manner.
- We’ll open cancellation facility through 139 helpline number.
- Overnight double-decker trains to be introduced on business travel routes.
- We intend to commence wi-fi system at 100 stations this year in partnership with Google:
- A full-fledged Railway University soon.
- On Make in India, we were able to finalise two locomotive of Rs 40,000 cr, says Suresh Prabhu
The cleaning of toilets by requests through SMS.
CCTV network has been provided at 311 railway stations.
Action has been initiated 139 budget announcement since last year, says Suresh Prabhu